Can you see....

Thursday, December 01, 2005

CATtitude

Loads of lethargy mixed with equal portions of sarcasm and a dash of sass, viola… Garfield. Sloth and gluttony were thoroughly undesirable sins, but this pussycat has a mind of his own. Grab conventions and shatter them, or in Garfield’s case, simply gulp them down. Feline with a CATTITUDE has a cult of devout followers who are willing to marry Garfield if they could…

Creator Jim Davis feels People relate to Garfield because Garfield IS them. "He's a human in a cat suit". "Somehow, Garfield relieves our guilt and we love him for it."

Some of his famous one liners are:
"I HATE MONDAYS"
"DIET IS 'DIE' WITH A 'T'."
"I'LL RISE, BUT I WON'T SHINE."
"NEVER TRUST A SMILING CAT."
"THE MEEK SHALL INHERIT SQUAT."
"I'M NOT OVERWEIGHT, I'M UNDERTALL."
Lasagna was never so fashionable....

3 Comments:

  • Great sketches!

    Not a fan of laziness or overeating (however holy that sounds!), but I do find Garfield funny! And agree with some of the stuff:

    "Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral."

    Looking into Odie’s ear: Just as I suspected. There’s a tiny sign in there saying “ Space for Rent”.


    "A dog’s breath is worse than his bite."

    You guessed it - am a cat person!

    By Blogger Small Routines, at 10:44 AM  

  • nice to know another cat person besides me!! :)

    By Blogger Devyani, at 3:47 PM  

  • This is exactly how Simba (our orange tabby cat) thinks too ... I will send some of his photos/vedios to you. You will be surprised to know that he loves to walk outdoors when its warm on a leash (like a dog) making every indoor cat in the neighbourhood jealous :) -- He is too funny!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home